Terms & Conditions
By making a booking with Tenby Boat Trips (TBT) you acknowledge that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions during your time with us. Where the booking is made as a group then the person making the booking must ensure that all passengers have read and agree with these terms and conditions
TBT are also a booking agent for other boat operators.
These terms and conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with English Law, and any claim brought under these conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Law.
Tenby Harbour and pier is owned and maintained by Pembrokeshire County Council, TBT shall not be liable to any passenger whilst on the Pier, its landings or surrounding areas.
PCC shall not be liable to any passenger on TBT, for any loss or damage which arises out of or in connection with or as a consequence of the operation of TBT including, but not being limited to, loss of profit, damage to or loss of property or items belonging to the passenger and any personal injury to the passenger.
Tickets may be purchased either individually or a vessel may be hired exclusively (referred to as a ‘Private Charter’). The maximum number of persons allowed per boat varies and is governed by the Maritime Coastguard Agency. (Babies, toddlers and third party tour guides do count towards this final and maximum passenger number)
All persons cruising on the vessel must pay for admission prior to boarding the vessel. Any person attempting to gain admission to the vessel without a valid ticket may be ejected from the vessel and its vicinity.
TBT operates between March & October subject to weather conditions & numbers.
- Payment is due at the time of booking. Due to the nature of the business when bookings are confirmed TBT immediately incur expenses and costs directly relating to your booking whilst we prepare for your arrival.
- All bookings are non-transferable, Only in extenuating circumstances will bookings be considered for transfer and where at least a minimum of 24 hours notice of request is given via email or telephone.
- A minimum of 8 passengers on Seal Safari and 12 passengers on Island Ranger is required for each sailing, except at the absolute discretion of TBT. Vessels that are not filled by the minimum number will be rescheduled. Passengers will be contacted to arrange an alternate date and/or time to travel.
- TBT reserve the right to move your booking time or day due to operational needs or due to other company commitments.
- We will use all reasonable endeavors to ensure that TBT operates. However, we reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, whether for safety reasons or otherwise, and with or without prior notice, to cancel any cruise. In the event of such cancellation, TBT will fully refund any visitor whose trip is cancelled, the cost of his or her prepaid ticket, but otherwise shall have no liability whatever, including liability for travel expenses or any other out of pocket expenses, in respect of the cancellation.
- In the unlikely event that the vessel has to make an emergency return to Tenby Harbour (or any other landing point along the route) TBT will not be liable for replacement tickets and/or refunds.
- All prices are in pounds sterling; no VAT is added to any booking.
- TBT reserve the right, where necessary to deviate from a vessel’s planned route. Please be aware, the weather and tides will on occasion dictate delays or alterations to the publicised route, where possible customers will be advised of any changes prior to sailing.
- Due to the nature of the business sailing times cannot be guaranteed, however, every effort will be made to keep on schedule.
- Speed restrictions apply at certain points along the tour, TBT work closely with Tenby Harbour master and the Maritime Coastal Agency ‘MCA’ to ensure we maintain high levels of customer comfort and safety.
- All passengers should arrive at our ticket kiosk in Tenby Harbour no less than 30 minutes prior to the cruise time to check in but during peek dates (July-August) please allow 45 minutes as car parks are extremely busy.
- Please be aware if you miss your scheduled departure you will not be eligible for a later booking or refund. If you are not present upon check-in for your pre-booked departure time our boarding team will endeavor to contact you, please ensure you provide us with a mobile telephone number that your lead passenger will have with them on the booking day.
- TBT will prioritise all customers against their booking times and never allow late running customers to have an impact on later departure times. TBT are not responsible for factors out of our control, for example; late running commuter services, traffic or parking difficulties (this is not an exhaustive list).
- From time to time TBT reserve the right to change the vessel (applies to Seal Safari only) your party are booked on, this will not affect passenger numbers or experience.
Medical Conditions & Pregnancy
- The decision to sail and the consequences of doing so are entirely at the passenger’s own risk. TBT does not accept any liability for personal injury, or injury to others and/or loss or damage.
- Expectant mothers please call for advice on the best days to travel.
- All boats can experience unpredictable movements that could aggravate existing medical conditions. You must inform us of any material fact, including medical conditions or disabilities, which may affect the skipper’s decision to carry you as a passenger, especially epilepsy, dizzy spells, diabetes, angina or any other heart conditions, back/bone conditions and pregnancy (this is not an exhaustive list).
- Clothing and safety equipment
- TBT recommend your party to ‘dress for the weather’ bearing in mind it is usually cooler out at sea compared to the on the land. All passengers should arrive in suitable attire which will not be damaged by exposure to sea water or sunlight.
- TBT accepts no responsibility if any personal belongings are damaged, lost or stolen at any time whilst waiting to board or on the pier.
- All vessels are fitted with all safety equipment necessary, in the event of an emergency – please listen carefully to the crew.
- Comfort and Well-being
- Passengers will not be permitted to board if TBT find that individual has:
- Behaved in a manner which, in the opinion of TBT has, or is likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of other visitors
- Used threatening, abusive or insulting words or behavior or in any way provokes or behaves in a manner which may provoke a breach of the peace.
- Shown signs of discourtesy, abuse or aggression to staff or crew.
- TBT operate a strict zero tolerance drugs policy.
- It is prohibited to take onto the vessel any weapons including fireworks, smoke bombs, glass bottles, flammable liquids or other articles, which may cause injury. The throwing of any article from vessels is strictly prohibited.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited on the vessel itself and on the boarding platform leading to the vessel.
- Pets or animals (except for dogs, which are more than welcome) of any nature are expressly prohibited on the vessel itself and the boarding platform leading to the vessel without the express permission of TBT.
- Unnecessary noise, (such as that from the use of radio sets and other electrical equipment), or any behavior likely to cause annoyance to other visitors or confusion of any kind is not permitted on or in the vicinity of the vessel.
- TBT request you are respectful of our staff, other passengers and neighbors. Whilst onboard please refrain from offering obscurities, profanities or any indecent hand/body gestures to members of the public or other harbour users.
- Food or beverage of any nature may be consumed on the boat itself or on the boarding platform leading to the boat with express permission of TBT.
- Other than liability for death or personal injury resulting from TBT’s negligence, TBT, its employees or agents shall not be liable for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, howsoever arising, including without limitation any distress, inconvenience or anxiety caused during the course of any cruise undertaken and/or during evacuation from the vessel in the event of breakdown or accident.
- TBT cannot be held responsible for weather conditions during your experience. Without exception poor weather will not be deemed a valid reason to authorise relocation of any booking. We will however consider each case on it’s merits.
- Children are deemed to be 15 years and younger, any person with a child ticket must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times.
- Private Transfers and Charters
- A vessel may only be privately chartered by persons aged 18 years or over.
- No ticket/booking may be resold without the previous written consent of TBT. If TBT reasonably believes that a ticket has been resold without such consent, the holder may be refused entry to or ejected from the vessel without payment of compensation.
- TBT are able to suggest approximate timings based on the logistics of your booking, however, where there are elements out of our control we kindly recommend you contact all other event organisers and transport providers to check your specific timings independently prior to confirming your booking with TBT. TBT will be held responsible for their own service only.
- Hand Luggage (up to rucksack).
There is sufficient room underneath seats to store luggage onboard the vessel.
we are happy to stow pushchairs or wheelchairs walkers. We ask that where possible they are folded down and any valuables are removed.
- TBT will not be responsible for any belongings left behind and advise passengers to take all valuables with them.
- From time to time TBT or other authorised parties will carry out photography and/or video recording and/or other monitoring on or in the vicinity of the vessel which may feature visitors. By accepting these terms and conditions, you agree that TBT or any authorised party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that copyright in these materials rests with TBT or such authorised party (as the case may be).
- TBT allow customers to take their own photography from their seats. We are not liable for any damage to equipment during this operation. Where customers request our employee to use their camera/recording equipment TBT will not be liable for any damage incurred as a result.
- Complaints and Feedback
- Any passenger complaints should be brought to the attention of the crew on the day of your booking.
- Following this, any further complaint should be put in to writing no less than seven days following your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Compliments and general feedback will be gratefully accepted to the same email address.
- TBT endeavors to respond to your correspondence within 72 hours, however, on occasion and where an internal investigation is necessary this can take longer.
- Please see our refunds and complaints page for additional information.
- Business Customers Only
- Unless a credit account has been agreed, all bookings must be accompanied by payment in full. We reserve the right to clear cheques before releasing vouchers/confirming bookings. Where payment is to be made by cheque, make payable to ‘Tenby Seal Safari Limited’.
- For credit account holders, payment should be made within 15 days of receipt of invoice. Late payment of invoices will result in the removal of any discount/credit offered.
- For amended bookings your commission should be added to the total quoted and/or invoiced amount prior to quoting your clients.
- No ticket may be resold without the previous written consent of TBT. If TBT reasonably believes that a ticket has been resold without such consent, the holder may be refused entry to or ejected from the vessel without payment of compensation.
- Prices shown are in pounds sterling, no VAT is applicable. Where overseas transactions are being processed you should ensure the amount received covers the invoice in its entirety, taking into account current exchange rates.
- You will be responsible at all times for the behavior and conduct of your clients and/or guests. It is your duty to ensure they have received and understood the terms and conditions prior to sailing.
- You may not use or adopt any of our trading names, trademarks, promotional images or other intellectual property rights (or those of any of our businesses) without having first obtained our written consent.
- You may not produce, distribute or otherwise use any such materials without our prior written approval.
- You will not use any such marks in combination with any other mark, name, word, device, symbol or logo without our prior written approval
- You will use such marks (including as respects colour, printing, style, typeface and proportion) only in the form directed by us.
- You will not do anything that in our absolute opinion could bring any such mark, us or our shareholders into disrepute or damage the goodwill attaching to any such mark or us.
Tenby Seal Safari LIMITED
Registered Company Number:
Registered Address fields:
Croft House, Princes Gate, Narberth. SA67 8TG
07881 635 844